[Wikimedia-l] [Internal-l] 2013-2014 Round 1 FDC eligibility status & IRC office hours

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:52:34 UTC 2013

On 16 July 2013 16:48, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Samuel Klein, 16/07/2013 17:32:
>
>  On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Thehelpfulone wrote:
>>
>>  Please could you explain why was this message only sent to Internal-l,
>>> given the discussions on this list in April about shutting down
>>> Internal-l?
>>>

>> Hello THO, if you check the original message again - I believe it was
>> sent to both lists.    SJ
>>

> Impossible, I think. Internal-l is not listed on
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/**mailman/listinfo<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo>, and mailman rejects messages sent to a mixed audience of "secret" and
> public lists. (Maybe Filip/the admins can be allowed to make it listed?)

Nemo is correct: when you said that I thought it was just my inbox so I
double checked the list archives, looking at this
month's<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2013-July/thread.html>
thread
view I don't think it was sent to both lists. We have a privacy setting on
some lists so if you send an email to a "private" mailing list and a public
one then Mailman will not allow the email to go through as a layer of extra
protection. Internal-l is set as one of those "private" lists.

--
Thehelpfulone
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone