[Wikimedia-l] [Internal-l] 2013-2014 Round 1 FDC eligibility status & IRC office hours

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:39:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Itzik Edri <itzik at infra.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Garfield,
>
> I must say I'm surprised from the new requirements. Eligible entities of
> last year now need to send by 15 September documents about 2012 - a year
> that is totally unrelated to the FDC process that started only this year?
> Why it been decided only now?
>  We are not hiding a thing, but not only by 30th July we need to send FDC
> Q2 report, by 1st October annual plan budget for 2014, and by 31 October
> FDC Q3 report.. Hey, not everyone are big chapters, and we are really need
> time also to *work* and execute the program we asked the money for...
>
> So financial report can be translated from the financial report we sent to
> the Israeli authority (again, more money spends on translation as probably
> our employees don't have time for that and have other paper work, and this
> is also going to work if there is no special format and different numbers
> and metrics requsted by the FDC and not different from what we already have
> on the report we made..). But about the 2012 activity report? What format?
> what information need to be there? this is totally something we need to
> collect from start and mean more administrative work.
>

> Itzik

Hi Itzik,

Some administrative burden (reporting, accounting for use of funds,
etc.) is part of almost any grant or external funding. On the surface,
this doesn't seem unreasonable. It does seem like it can be difficult
for entities who have not received recent or substantial funding to
meet the requirements when they don't have the money to pay for
administrative help. Perhaps chapters in that situation should ask for
small grants for that purpose in the run up to FDC qualification, and
then build future admin costs into the FDC proposal?

~Nathan