[Wikimedia-l] Staff Images

Eddy Paine blogginged at outlook.com
Fri Jul 12 08:18:17 UTC 2013

Dan,
A placeholder for people without pictures shouldn't be a problem. Thats common use. And they are all the same so thats a OK thing.
The picture of Rory is a picture of Rory. It even says its a mascot and I agree with Erik we need Tux for Engineering.
And no, we are not in the 1950's but as a international organisation we should still keep in mind that tattoos aren't accepted world wide. Placing your tattoo on a staff page and your face faded away is provocating the fact that he has tattoo's and not proffesional.
Secondly all staff pictures are made by a professional photographer? Or kind of in the same setting. That will keep the page uniform also.
Ed