[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention (was Re: "Big data" benefits and limitations (relevance: WMF editor engagement, fundraising, and HR practices))

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 9 00:02:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:02:18AM -0500, Nathan wrote:
> Here's a question, Steve: what social problems have been solved by anarchy?
> If we toss out "oligarchy", decide "voting is evil", and only allow most
> decisions to proceed on some ill-defined notion of consensus, that's what
> is left.

Consensus != Anarchy. And we've actually had [[WP:CONSENSUS]] nailed down pretty
hard, with process diagrams and everything. People keep disbelieving the hard
definitions and watering things down though.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

(IMO anyway. I've always been a hardcore IAR/BOLD person... and for good
procedural reasons. And no, that is also not a recipe for "anarchy" or anomie.)