[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention (was Re: "Big data" benefits and limitations (relevance: WMF editor engagement, fundraising, and HR practices))

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:58:03 UTC 2013

I'm sure there are vast amounts of topics local to India that are poorly
covered, and pointing out that X, Y and Z still have holes is the standard
response to any statement about "low-hanging fruit." But it's standard
because it's easy, not because it meaningfully responds to the original
point - which is that the English Wikipedia's pool of able and interested
contributors is shrinking quite independently of any environmental
problems.