[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wikimedia/mapping event in Europe early next year?

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:51:38 UTC 2013

Hi aude,

2013/1/7 aude <aude.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Anyone know if this is happening or not?  Sometime around the chapters
> meeting seems as good a time as any.  Or maybe attached as a few days
> before/after the Amsterdam hackathon.
>
> (/me not organizing anything, though)
> I think there will be little overlap between attendees of the chapters
> meeting and this, whereas I think there's a bit of overlap with the
> hackathon.  Problem is I am not aware of anyone willing to organize
> anything around the hackathon.
>
> Advantage of what Christian proposes is that someone is willing to host and
> help organize it. :)

We are definitely willing to organize it with FBK.
We were waiting to hear from the other chapter who expressed some
interest. I also got in touch with WM-NL to discuss if they can/are
willing to organize the event near the hackaton, since probably that
the overlap with that event could be greater, as Sumana proposed.
Also, Amsterdam may be a little easier to reach than Trento (I have
been told that most of OSM developers are based in Germany or in UK).
(I don't mean to put pressure on anybody though)

In any case, we will collect some feedback in the next days and then
you'll hear from us.

> The longer time goes by without picking a date, the more likely people like
> me can't come as something else will come up and then they are busy.

That's right. I think that in at most an couple of weeks we will be
able to fix some details.

Cristian