[Wikimedia-l] Rationale for fundraising record?

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 02:08:34 UTC 2013

> We do know that this year the decay of fundraising from day to day was
> steeper than in past years, confirming that we were eating into out
> existing donor pool faster than before.

On the contrary, December 3rd was a stronger day than December 2nd,
with a much smaller maximum donation. All previous years when the
totals leveled out like that they stayed level +/- 20% for weeks.

I'm trying to sort out why the stated expectations were so much lower
than the prior measurements off-list.