[Wikimedia-l] Info: Election for WCA Chairperson

Charles Andrès charles.andres.wmch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:04:05 UTC 2013

The opt-in model make sense to be sure that all members actually support the WCA and what can be said in the name of the WCA.

But this is IMHO the problem, the WCA has been presented like a body that should represent the chapters in negociation with the WMF, but it has been received like a body that will actually  serve the big european chapters in their negotiation with the WMF.

Thus it's normal that several chapters refuse to join an association that do not demonstrate its capacity to help every chapter, and not only the noisiest ones.

Charles

Charles ANDRES, Chairman
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch