[Wikimedia-l] Info: Election for WCA Chairperson

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Mon Feb 25 16:00:33 UTC 2013

WM:SE opted out because they ware not comfortable with the statutes
(being too far from the movement aim on openness, transparency etc) (I
was not involved in this decision)

After last month discussion the sentiment has gone from "wait and see"
to skeptical - good we are not involved. Ie WM:SE is further away just
now being a member. To pinpoint that WCA is exclusive and not for all
chapters will alienate WM:SE further, I expect

Personally I think WCA should be financed from FDC and serve all
chapters. To be part of the council could be limited though to chapters
actively involved. But openness and an aim to serve all chapters should
in my opinion lead the voting for chair open to all chapters

Anders