[Wikimedia-l] Fundraising testing

Megan Hernandez mhernandez at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 20 14:50:47 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We've been testing banners at a low level for about two weeks now.  We've
been showing just one banner impression to 5% of anonymous users (excluding
the 5 countries where banners ran in December: US, UK, Canada, Australia,
and New Zealand).

Hiding banners after one impression is new for us, and any feedback we can
get on how it's working will really help us. We are trying to minimize the
number of banners our users see each year.

If you visit Wikipedia anonymously (and you're outside of the 5 English
countries), have you seen any fundraising banners in the last two weeks?
 If so, how many times have you seen a banner?

Thanks for your help!

Megan

--

Megan Hernandez