[Wikimedia-l] Looking back at the London Conference

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:03:34 UTC 2013

On 20 February 2013 08:59, Christophe Henner
<christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do we need two "announce" mailing lists? Can't we all use
> wikimedia-announce ?

I don't really care much about how it works, just that it does. Manuel
Schneider took an action at the weekend to advise on points of
contact, and set up the system where needed. He is wonderfully
knowledgeable about our sites and systems, and has the technical skill
to sort this out.

Even if we do start using our WCA announcements list, I would want to
cross post everything of any possible interest. Whether logistics for
the WCA action teams needs to be on Wikimedia-announce, I don't know,
though if doubt remains I would rather keep cross-posting until there
are requests to stop clogging up these extra channels with our
info-spam. :-)

Thanks,
Fae
Ashley Van Haeften (Fae) faewik at gmail.com