[Wikimedia-l] Copyright URAA trolls on Wikimedia Commons

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.net
Mon Dec 30 10:31:44 UTC 2013

Yann Forget wrote:

> Are you suggesting that we can keep URAA affected data until we get a
> takedown notice?

He is suggesting that, but apparently without realizing that his
proposal stands in direct contradiction to our precautionary principle
(COM:PRP) and to the way Commons cares about its re-users.

We cannot, will not and do not plan to keep files where there is
significant doubt about their freedom, even if we do not get a takedown
notice from the copyright holders.

           Tomasz