[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2013-14 Round 2 FDC/annual plan grants timeline moved out by a month: proposals due April 1, 2014

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 17:39:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <
srik.ramk at wikimedia.in> wrote:

> I would like to note that this is highly irregular, biased, and unfair.
> Last year, Wikimedia India had formally requested for similar concessions
> during FDC Round 2 of 2012-13 and were denied the same and we had to wait
> for Round 1 of FDC 2013-14 to make a request for FDC funding. WMF needs to
> hold itself to the same requirements as it holds us to, at the very least.
>
> We do not understand why the date to meet eligibility requirements has been
> moved to March 15th and for whose benefit that has been done.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Srikanth Ramakrishnan
> Treasurer
> Wikimedia Chapter [India].

I don't agree. The situations are not similar, and Anasuya's explanation on
behalf of the FDC is clear, reasonable and sufficient. It does seem just a
tiny bit odd, though, that the announcement was made by a WMF employee
instead of a member of the FDC.