[Wikimedia-l] Fundraiser Update

Megan Hernandez mhernandez at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 18 00:29:00 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've just posted a new update on meta.  Please take a look and leave any
questions or comments on the talk page:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2013

On Monday, we started limiting the number of banners we are displaying to
readers.  If you continue to see banners more than just one more time (on
the same device), please let us
know.<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_2013>

Donations are still coming in and settling in our accounts, so donation
totals are preliminary and will be adjusting in the next few weeks.  So far
this fiscal year, we've raised (very roughly) $27 million from nearly 2
million small dollar donors.  We will raise the remaining $13 million now
through the end of the fiscal year in June 2014.  The team is planning to
put English banners up again at a higher level around December 31 for a
final year-end push.  All of the multilingual campaigns will run in 2014.

We will post a full report of the fundraiser along with test reports from
hundreds of A/B banner tests in 2014 once we get through reconciliation and
analysis.

Thank you very much to everyone involved in the fundraiser this year.  It's
still not over quite yet, but we've had a very successful and exciting
couple of weeks.

Megan

--

Megan Hernandez