[Wikimedia-l] Resolution: Media about living people

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.net
Sun Dec 15 19:46:53 UTC 2013

While I appreciate the lengthy discussion about the scope of the
resolution and about the ways it can be implemented in on-wiki
processes, I would like to raise a different question.

I note with some interest that Jimmy's vote is not recorded at
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Media_about_living_people>,
and I wonder what are the exact reasons behind that, and how this lack
of information relates to a March 30, 2012 resolution on Board of
Trustees Voting Transparency,
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Board_of_Trustees_Voting_Transparency>.

Perhaps it might also be worth mentioning that there are two additional
resolutions approved after March 30, 2012 that do not comply with the
Voting Transparency resolution:

*
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Stu_West_reappointment_2013>
*
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Jan-Bart_de_Vreede_reappointment_2013>

I believe that the Board or Foundation lawyers might want to have a look
at those.

           Tomasz