[Wikimedia-l] Let's accept Bitcoin as a donation method

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 13 22:14:47 UTC 2013

I have no real opinion about the merits of bitcoin.  But, I'm
nevertheless amused and puzzled by this discussion, as I will illustrate
with a little creative editing:

On 12/10/13 2:58 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski wrote:
> ...does the Foundation intend to accept Bitcoin as a donation method
> any time soon? Does the Foundation realize that the payment processing
> company Bitpay has kindly set up a merchant account that is
> transferring money to the WMF every day?
So, we have a problem, and then we have an already-implemented
solution... what is left for anyone to do but dust off their hands and
go to lunch?  If Bitpay has already solved the exact problem that we're
discussion, why would the foundation spend a nickel duplicating their work?

-A