[Wikimedia-l] Amendment would affect Wikimedia projects

Ivan Martínez galaver at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 23:21:18 UTC 2013

Dear all:

A proposed amendment to the Industrial Property Law, Federal Law on
Copyright and the Federal Penal Code, recently presented at the Chamber of
Deputies of Mexico, very similar to SOPA and the Sinde Law in Spain, would
affect the functioning of the Wikimedia projects in Mexico.

Our chapter decided to issue a position that can be found at the following
link:

http://ow.ly/rBKx6

This document was sent to the email address of the legislators who are
driving this proposal, deputies Héctor Gutiérrez and Aurora Ugalde, no
response so far. If this proposal in advance approval, our chapter would
evaluate what actions could be taken.

Best regards.

--

*Atentamente:Iván MartínezPresidenteWikimedia México A.C.wikimedia.mx
<http://wikimedia.mx>Imagina un mundo en donde cada persona del planeta