[Wikimedia-l] New evaluation report on meta - WORKSHOPS

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 19:42:54 UTC 2013

[pardon the cross-posting]

Hi everyone! (Important areas bolded for people who are TL;DR types[1])

As you may remember, the Program Evaluation and Design team here at WMF has
been doing evaluation of programmatic activities in the movement - with
your help! THANK YOU!

*We have released our next reporting page about our current focus programs
on meta about WORKSHOPS. *We appreciate everyone's participation so far,
and we've made improvements to the edit-a-thon page based on your feedback,
including bolding highlights for those of you who seeking a high level view
of our ongoing reporting.

*A third page is now on meta, and ready for improvement and commenting.
 It's the WORKSHOPS page*, which provides information about:

   - Program basics and history
   - Response rates and limitations
   - Reported data evaluation
   - Priority goals as chosen by program leaders
   - How much budget and time goes into planning workshops
   - What participation is like at workshops
   - Recruitment, retention, and replication details.
   - Next steps (tool building, requests, support, etc)

*Feel free to improve and make edits on the talk page. And of course, if
you are a program leader/chapter that implements workshops and your data
isn't represented, please contact me to submit your data*.

*You can visit this new page here:*

*https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programs:Evaluation_portal/Library/Editing_workshops
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programs:Evaluation_portal/Library/Editing_workshops>*

We hope you find this report inspiring and helpful.

*Our next report we'll post will be about GLAM content donations*. I'll
send another email out about that soon.

Happy evaluating, and be sure to visit us on Facebook[2]

-Sarah

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/TL;DR
[2] https://www.facebook.com/groups/programevaluation/

*Sarah Stierch*
*Museumist, open culture advocate, and Wikimedian*
*www.sarahstierch.com <http://www.sarahstierch.com>*