[Wikimedia-l] Questions about the login

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Sat Aug 31 14:45:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM, David Cuenca <dacuetu at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Is there any way to know if I have other sessions open and close them
> (like in Gmail)? I used another computer and I don't remember if Iogged
> out.

Not a perfect answer for this but my understanding of the way the sessions
work at the moment is that you can force other sessions closed by logging
out. If you log out in one place you will be logged out in all places (this
remembering is dredged up from a discussion months ago but I just tested it
and it does seem to hold true :) ). Obviously that doesn't help the 'see if
you have other sessions' problem but if you are ever concerned could work
well. It still means you can log IN to multiple sites just once you click
log out it ends all sessions.

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation