[Wikimedia-l] Has the underlying level of edits risen or fallen since the Edit Filters came in in 2009?

Oliver Keyes ironholds at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:31:06 UTC 2013

I can't speak for edit volume, but in my spare time I did some research
around blocks and found that the proportionate decline in bad-faith related
blocks since 2009 is (quite possibly) edit-filter linked.[1] So, whether
there's a causal link between the edit decrease and the edit filters or
not, they do appear to be doing good work.

[1] 0.63 modified R2 value