[Wikimedia-l] Has the underlying level of edits risen or fallen since the Edit Filters came in in 2009?

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:29:23 UTC 2013

Hi Fae,

I hadn't factored in the spam
filter,<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Spam_blacklist> that's
a separate process that just focusses on sites which we don't want more
links to - presumably because people have tried spamlinking them on
wikipedia. The edit
filter,<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Abuse_filter>originally
known as the abuse filter is more complex and among other uses
doesn't allow certain types of edits.. Both are generally deployed but can
be tailored per wiki, I'm assuming that the edit filter is more heavily
tuned by language, not least because a rude word in one language will often
have innocuous meanings in another. Hence my question here, I am hoping for
cross wiki input as this won't just be an EN wiki issue but some others may
have very different experiences with them and may even have found a way to
measure their effect

Hope those links give the info you requested.

Regards

WSC

Message: 2