[Wikimedia-l] is wikipedia zero illegal because it violates net neutrality?

JP Béland lebo.beland at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 16:30:47 UTC 2013

"And if it is illegal or borderline according to, say,
netherlands, swiss, or german law, is it appropriate to do it in
countries where the law is less developed? "

As said Kevin, it is impossible to respect the law of all countries in
every country (Wikipedia already fails at that in its current state by
the way, with or without Wikipedia Zero). So no we cannot "just
abstain from any
activity which might be perceived as illegal somewhere". After that,
are you suggesting we should apply the laws of some "developed"
countries to all countries and just ignore the others, this is way
more morally wrong in my opinion.

That being said, the law on net neutrality you cited applies to ISP,
which Wikipedia Zero or the WMF isn't, so it doesn't apply to it.

But of course, we as a community and the WMF should still keep high
ethical and moral standards.

JP Beland
aka Amqui