[Wikimedia-l] Comments on compliance and the FDC Round 2 decisions

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:42:58 UTC 2013

2013/4/30 Dariusz Jemielniak <darekj at alk.edu.pl>:

> Many members of the community (as it was confirmed in the discussions on
> Milan conference) are e.g. uncertain about part-time employment
> possibilities through GAC, as well as about professionalization efforts
> being funded through GAC scheme (both possible to some extent). I believe
> that it is imperative that a clear guideline is prepared.

Actually it is here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index/Eligibility_requirements

"Grants through this program do not fund full-time permanent staff
salaries and other recurring operating expenses, such as the rent of
an office. In some cases, WMF Grants Program grants may fund part-time
positions or full-time temporary positions with a limited focus and
scope of work related specifically to the activities of the funded
project. Requests for part-time staff will be accompanied by an
assessment of the applicant's ability to effectively manage staff, and
may require necessary infrastructure to support staff (such as
policies around travel reimbursements, and hiring). Full-time staff
and recurring operating expenses will only be funded via the Funds
Dissemination Committee (FDC) process. Note that entities receiving
funds through the FDC process may not receive funds through the WMF
Grants Program during the same fiscal year."

although it is a bit misleading, as in several cases (WM AR, WM SR, WM
IN, WM DC) it was accepted to pay for renting an office.

I wonder if it will be accepted to apply to GAC for temporary position
for the person responsible for preparation of FDC application :-)

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/