[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

Deryck Chan deryckchan at wikimedia.hk
Tue Apr 30 10:08:23 UTC 2013

On 30 April 2013 09:48, Jan-Bart de Vreede <jdevreede at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Yes I read your reply, but you keep stating "we want", that is not that
> same as "together with the grant giver we agreed"… I cannot overstate the
> importance of the difference between the two…
>
> People don't instantly agree on everything. There is always something the
WMF grants team can disagree with anyone, if they so choose to. I'm
referring to the sequence of events here (grant report accepted, then
eligibility announced, then suddenly disqualification happened because the
settlement of remaining funds hasn't been agreed to), not the nature. We
all agree that the leftover grant funds eventually need to be settled by an
agreement between WMF and WMHK.