[Wikimedia-l] Why not everyone have the right to vote in the Board & FDC elections?

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 09:40:25 UTC 2013

Hello Itzik

yes, you are right.

But, and this is a very big but. You organized Wikimania yourself, you
know how much unseen and unthankable and unbelievable complicated and
unnecessary work behind all the shiny things. The election committee is
also a volunteer driven committee. It is a tremendous effort. They have
weekly meeting since February, and they did a lot of things. It is
unfair to stand out now and say you are doing a bad job.

Greetings
Ting

Am 4/30/2013 11:24 AM, schrieb Itzik Edri:
> Ting, Risker,
>
> 1. To share thoughts and feedback about the elections, you don't must to be
> volunteer  in the committee.
>
> 2. I indeed thought about it only when I saw the centralnotice and read the
> voting requirement, I may needed to raise it before. But it's still doesn't
> mean we need to ignore from this issue
>
> Itzik
>

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello dear all,
>>
>> I would also like to ask everyone who has made their thoughts on the
>> election to take part on the election committee themselves the next time.
>>
>> Unfortunately when I made the call for volunteer earlier this year not
>> very many people responded.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Ting
>>
>> Am 4/30/2013 12:57 AM, schrieb Risker:

>>> started,
>>> with hardly any commentary at all; it is only now, after candidates may
>>> start entering the race, that people are complaining that we've failed to
>>> give the "right" people a vote (or alternately, that we've given too many
>>> people a vote).  There is almost no variation between the voter
>>> eligibility
>>> this year and in the previous election; the only relevant changes are
>>> dates
>>> for eligibility and the developer commit process (which was changed

>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_**
>>> elections_2013/Post_mortem<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Post_mortem>