[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:16:34 UTC 2013

On 29 April 2013 09:33, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's very clear (to me) that the WMF grants system is not designed to make
> Wikimedia entities grow, but only to reinforce those which are already
> strong enough, keeping them at the same level they're at.

It's not clear this was a design criterion. It was, however, obvious
that this was what would occur. When the chapters screamed blue murder
about it on internal-l, Sue and Erik decided they didn't like the tone
and weren't going to listen any more.

Unfortunately, this doesn't make an actual problem go away.

- d.