[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 06:31:58 UTC 2013

On 29 April 2013 06:14, Christophe Henner <christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:

> As said during the feedback session, we still have to figure out how to fund the first employee.
> The FDC process is a really heavy process that do take a huge amount of time and energy. This is a process everyone should want to avoid as much as possible.

This sort of disastrous outcome seems, IIRC, precisely what chapters
were expecting, and were up in arms about, when the WMF first asserted
absolute control of the funding. These arguments being what WMF staff
decided they weren't interested in listening to any more, leading to
internal-l falling into disuse. Unfortunately, as Deryck notes,
ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.

- d.