[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 05:14:07 UTC 2013

Hi sorry to hear about that Deryck. Hope we'll get to see you back around here.

As said during the feedback session, we still have to figure out how to fund the first employee.

The FDC process is a really heavy process that do take a huge amount of time and energy. This is a process everyone should want to avoid as much as possible.

As you said we mostly are volunteers not used, or even expecting, that level of scrutiny. And the toll the FDC takes is high.

What we would need:
1/ remember that GAC can fund external expert support (accountant, ...)
2/ FDC process is not the only way to get funds
3/ a simpler step to get the first employee. Either more complex GAC proposal or simpler FDC proposal. Either way :)

We are not different from other charities. We need a process to disseminate funds within the movement. And with high amount of money comes high amount of responsability.

Again, I'm sorry FDC toll is so high on you and your fellow board member. I hope that Wikimania will energize you and will get you back in the movement.

Best

Christophe
Envoye depuis mon Blackberry