[Wikimedia-l] Why not everyone have the right to vote in the Board & FDC elections?

Itzik Edri itzik at infra.co.il
Sun Apr 28 09:37:46 UTC 2013

I agree. We should limit it to only community members, or to give equal
right to everyone.

Asaf, you right, but we are talking also about the FDC elections. a
processes where we are not granting chapters and others organizations the
right to vote but granting to the WMF. Giving only WMF staff, and not
chapters staff the right to vote in community process, it's like saying the
first are part of the community, but the second are not. I don't even want
to refer to the sensitive issue of the staff voting for their "bosses"..