[Wikimedia-l] New account creation and login ready for testing on all projects

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 25 23:22:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Today the Editor Engagement Experiments team has ported our new designs for
account creation and login to the current version of MediaWiki core,
meaning it is now available for testing on all Wikipedias and Wikimedia
projects.

The main purpose of starting with an opt-in testing period is to iron out
any last minute bugs and wait for localizations to catch up before we turn
it on by default. Testing instructions and background on this project are
available in our blog post,[1] and we're holding IRC office hours this
Saturday at 18:00 UTC to discuss things.[2]

I'm in the process of posting locally to Village Pumps as well, targeting
the top ten Wikipedias and the English version of all other projects. Help
spread the word if you can. :)

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/