[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Fri Apr 19 07:34:13 UTC 2013

Le 2013-04-19 00:09, Brion Vibber a écrit :
> In many cases there's no need to manually copy-paste a URL on a
> smartphone;
> "sharing" is commonly built into the browser.
>
> Android has an extensible framework for inter-app communications
> which
> allows Facebook, Twitter, and numerous other social networks and
> similar
> apps to register to appear right in the browser's "share" button
> prompt.

Tell me if I misunderstanding, but it seems to me that this pieces of
software are not integrated right into websites, but on the client side.
To my mind that's fine as long at it doesn't affect other users
experience. Especialy if it should not hide some relevant information by
making them non-standard client-feature dependant. What I understood of
what was proposed so far was to include a "share" feature on the server
side, which is – to my mind – very different from a neutrality point of
view.

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/