[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:54:54 UTC 2013

> If you mean publish something on tweeter while browsing a WMF project, I
> can't see the point. I'm sure most users know they can have more than one
> tab/window at a time.

Weren't you asking for evidence to back up similar assertions a minute ago?
:D

> Those said, I don't use Twitter in the first place, so I really have no
> idea what kind of gap you would like to fill with your feature.

*rolls eyes*

Sorry, I don't mean to be snippy but this discussion always frustrates me.
It's the sort of elitest tech snobbery (anti-social-networks, lack of
understanding of how 90% of the world use the web, etc.) we suffer from.

Of course sharing buttons would be wonderful for our readers - that is the
whole point of the internet, facilitating the building of the web of links!

Tom