[Wikimedia-l] Proposal to use the internal wiki more

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:48:35 UTC 2013

Victor Grigas, 10/04/2013 19:22:
> I keep the raw, unpolished interviews
> on pages on the password protected:
> https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Stories knowing that they are
> available only to myself and staff at the WMF.

What about a limited set of trusted wikimedians?

> I use that raw material to
> release polished works like this:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Thank_You_All . During the course of an
> interview, people sometimes say things that when reviewed later, they wish
> they hadn't. Out of respect and decency for those interviewed, [...]
>
> Privacy is very important, and I have to take it seriously. [...]

All very right, just highlighting two passages to complement the
question above: respect and decency are not the same as privacy; would
this material be something that requires everyone with access to it
signing a NDA, or being a PII-handling designated officer (or whatever
the English name for the thing under EU laws)?

Nemo