[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CH staff changes in 2013

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:55:59 UTC 2013

This just to say that it's not so direct to transfer some suggestions to
other countries.

Thomas Dalton, 10/04/2013 13:13:
 > [...] "Authority" in this context means either an express authority
in the
 > governing documents of the charity, a court order or permission from
 > the Charity Commission. [...]

For instance, such "authority" doesn't exist in Italy, so it's easy to
see that this part wouldn't apply, unless of course the bylaws say
something in contrary.

Thomas Dalton, 10/04/2013 16:32:
> Read what I quoted more carefully, please. It specifically says that
> leaving the board before taking up the position isn't enough.

You've already been answered you that it's not the only thing they did,
and you interpret your own quoted text in a very personal way if you
forget that it says the purpose is a "fair and open competition" and you
focus solely on the conjunction "in advance of" instead of commenting
whether the actual purpose was pursued correctly.

Nemo