[Wikimedia-l] Global Economic Map

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Mon Apr 8 21:57:58 UTC 2013

Le lundi 08 avril 2013 à 23:09 +0200, Jane Darnell a écrit :
> Mathieu,
> I just watched a Dutch documentary about this same issue last week.
> The main gist of the documentary is that the corporations avoid taxes
> in a structured way: they go to tax havens or take advantage of
> economic arrangements where the the first five years of residence are
> tax free in return for starting up a business. The countries offering
> the tax haven are hoping for sustainable local business, but instead,
> after 5 years the premises are deserted and offered tax free to the
> next corporation, so that a rotational system of multi-nationals is
> devised.  The global economy has become not only a mobile one for
> individuals, but also for corporations.
>
> In order to be able to see such developments in an open "economic
> map", much more underlying data needs to be plugged in to Wikipedia in
> terms of articles about global industrial localities, global
> industrial corporations, and then local economic industrial data. All
> of these things are very badly documented when it comes to developing
> countries, where much of this is happening. Today, Wikipedia is mainly
> written in (and about!) Western Europe and North America.
> Jane

What I understood from the France Culture radio emission was even worst,
because it said it was not "exception of the system" but the "core of
the modern financial system". It said that the tax haven countries can
be tax havens only because they passed an agreement with other
countries. In other word, the "political will" is to maintain this
system.