[Wikimedia-l] Proposal to use the internal wiki more

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 17:07:33 UTC 2013

The question by Florence on contacts is still pending. :)
I know/think officewiki is used for most WMF internal contact info,
except emergency contact info hosted (also) elsewhere (or on dev'
mobiles :p ) for when the cluster is down. Something more general and
scalable would be nice.

Charles Andrès, 04/04/2013 12:27:
> [...] There is millions way to improve the usage of donors money, and the position "no place to work together" is not one of these.

Given that the thread is dormant (WMF board members nothing to say?), we
could maybe look at best practices around Wikimedia.
For instance, WMDE recently (2011) created a private wiki ("forum") for
its members, to foster discussion and collaboration within the
association (all of it: board, office, members). AFAICS, WMDE has always
used mainly Meta talk pages and the public list for their general
discussions, but the private wiki was an effective addition to broaden
participation. I see it's fairly active, with over 17k edits. It seems
that one «place to work together» is always a better solution than none.

Nemo