[Wikimedia-l] Proposal to use the internal wiki more

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 3 17:46:56 UTC 2013

On 3 April 2013 03:34, Michael Peel <michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> So, rather than close the internal wiki, I'd like to propose a radical redesign and repurposing of it. Is there the interest and willingness in the WMF and the chapters to share such information with each other?

I'd argue against this. From the perspective of the Wikimedia
Foundation, I would rather staff bias towards putting information on
public wikis wherever possible, and I'd worry that staff energy going
into updating a closed private wiki would by necessity pull focus from
public work. I'd argue for closing both the internal wiki and the
internal mailing list: IMO there's nothing on either that needs to be
confidential.

Thanks,
Sue