[Wikimedia-l] Proposal to use the internal wiki more

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:03:28 UTC 2013

On Apr 3, 2013 12:27 PM, "Federico Leva (Nemo)" <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> May be, or may be not. (Members of internalwiki change constantly, so
e.g. there's no way I could know who has had access to what I wrote there 5
years ago. I don't remember being consulted about every new user created
there after I got myself removed.)

But you knew the basis on which internal access is determined and that
hasn't changed. You knew when you posted stuff there that new people would
continue to be added, but could reasonably expect that it would continue to
be restricted to the same kind of people as it was restricted to at the
time, even if the actual people themselves changed.

If it was decided to open up internal more widely, as has been discussed
from time to time, it would be necessary to either seek permission from
people or, more simply, delete things (or move them to a closed wiki that
is still restricted). That has generally been part of any discussions on
the subject.