[Wikimedia-l] "Adopt a page"

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Mon Apr 1 15:37:50 UTC 2013

Le 2013-03-30 20:51, Steven Walling a écrit :
> There's actually plenty of even more neutral ways to do this IMO, and
> none
> of them have anything to do with promoting the donor or paid editing.
> For
> example: a simple count of how many readers donated in support of
> this
> article. "This article sponsored by 70 Wikipedia readers like you.
> Contribute today by editing or donating." Or something like that.

No. First, you'll also need to put how many person edited the article,
how many times it was edited, and blablabla numbers. Not only could it
prevent new useful edits (oh it was already so much raffined, how could
I dare edit it), but it would probably encourage "let's make this
article have a big edit count" useless contributions.

Now I don't understand, do we have suddely so much need for paid edit?
I mean, sure I would love spending my days "improving" wikipedia and
other wikimedia projects, being paid for that. Give me a median salary,
and I sign right now, and I'm sure I won't be alone here. But I also
would be serriously affraid that it could harm the movement, which I
thing is far more important than my personal pleasure of being a full
time editor.

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/