[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia-l Digest, Vol 103, Issue 54

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Fri Oct 26 12:56:19 UTC 2012

Date: 26 October 2012 09:25

Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Improving dialogue between editors and "tech people"

To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

> Firstly move Bugzilla to Meta. Currently it is a different user experience
> to the rest of our wikis, and it isn't even part of the Single User Login.

My god, please, no!  I think the lived in experience that Meta shows us is
that while Wikis are good for some things, for tracking things like bugs
and discussions, they're really terrible. Use a tool that's fit for
purpose, and don't try to bang a wiki-shaped peg into a bugzilla-shaped
hole.

(single sign-on across to bugzilla would be very cool though!)

Cheers,
Craig Franklin