[Wikimedia-l] The new narrowed focus by WMF

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Oct 18 21:58:04 UTC 2012

Theo10011 wrote:
> Sue Gardner started working on this document on Meta a couple of weeks ago
> - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Sue_Gardner/Narrowing_focus

Well, there's your problem. You're reading the talk page! You want the
subject-space page, of course:
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sue_Gardner/Narrowing_focus>.

I've read (or skimmed) your posts to the talk page and to this list and I'm
a bit lost why you seem to be hostile to the document. Were you a big fan of
the fellowships or India programs? Do you think Wikimania can't sustain
itself? I think you have been pretty vocally critical of programs like these
in the past and I would think you would be pleased with the narrowed focus.
I am. And I think the Board will be. Is it a perfect plan? No. Is there more
work to do? Of course.

But I'm sincerely confused about which parts you're upset with and why. If
your intent is to rabble-rouse, you're doing it wrong. :-)

MZMcBride