[Wikimedia-l] Proposed Wikimedia Medicine Thematic Organisation

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:05:25 UTC 2012

Hi Nemo,

Hopefully people involved in the project are subscribed here and will
react, as well and provide a clear definition of their aims.

There are two sides to this coin: the should and the will: a thematic
organisation should not have any control or power over the projects; it is
a different question whether the organisation itself adopts policies and
behaviors that could be seen as interfering into the internals of the
project or actively avoids such behavior.

See also the specific discussions on this question at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Medicine#Other
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Medicine#Liability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Iridescent#arbitrary_break_2 (and
above)