[Wikimedia-l] WMF core and non core expenses

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:18:34 UTC 2012

It seems clear to me, based on the end result and what foundation board and
senior staff have said, that they decided an account of money they wanted
to request from the FDC and then decided what to designate as non-core so
that it added up to that amount.

Rather disingenuous of them, but Sue has been very clear that she only sees
the foundation's application as a way of testing the process rather than as
actually being the right way to determine the budget.