[Wikimedia-l] WMF core and non core expenses

Itzik Edri itzik at infra.co.il
Mon Oct 8 10:13:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

As agreed, the WMF is also sending their non-core program to the
FDC approval, you can see their proposal here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Proposals/2012-2013_round1/Wikimedia_Foundation/Proposal_form

But I'm asking myself, that's all what we consider as non-core? I didn't
really done a deep research in the WMF budget (as every item in the WMF
budget is like the whole big chapter budget and there are no breakdown),
but for example what jumped in my mind immediate: Merchandise store
(311,000$=Wikimedia Magyarország + Wikimedia Israel + Wikimedia Argentina
annual budget) - what make it core? or research (324,000$) and others
(again, can't go deeply with that as the items in the budget are general..).

Itzik