[Wikimedia-l] Creating Wikikultur

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Wed Nov 28 08:50:31 UTC 2012

Le 2012-11-28 05:30, JP Béland a écrit :
> The scope of Wikibooks could be expanded to include essays, poems,
> novels,
> etc. and not only pedagogical content (especially that we have
> Wikiversity
> who also focus on pedagogic stuff).
>
> JP

That would do the trick I think. The biggest point I can see in such a
scope extension is a community rejection, some people may be afraid that
it would drown what they like about wikibook in other various works. Of
course portals can manage visibility of specific themes.

Asking for contributor opinions is logic and indispensable, and that's
what we should do if no one is against this project.

> Le 27 nov. 2012 10:37, "Mathieu Stumpf"
> <psychoslave at culture-libre.org> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hello, I just added this proposition :
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikikultur
>>
>> Here is the summary :
>> Currently there are still some digital works which can not be
>> published
> on a wikimedia projects, because none of them have the right
> editorial
> guideline to host them. Things like original poetry, songs, essays,
> theses,
> novels, etc., wether they were already previously published or not.
>>
>> It would be great to see wikimedia launch a project to host this
>> kind of
> works.
>>
>> The no original research for wikipedia is understable and very
>> important
> of course. Now what's relevant for an encyclopedia may not fit others
> projects which need different editorial guidelines. In existing
> projects
> Wikibooks is too pedagogic works oriented, and wikisource won't
> accept
> works which were not previously published elsewhere.
>>
>> Moreover, one may argue that it would be a good way to softly
>> evacuate
> originals works from wikipedia, with a message like "your
> contribution
> contains original claims, wikipedia is not the place to publish this
> kind
> of content, but you could share your original work on wikikultur".
> Then
> eventualy, the wikipedia article could use wikikultur arcticles as
> references. This would give access to authoring information
> (eventually
> anonymous/IP claims), and all avantages of a free/libre work on a
> wiki. For
> example, we may have statistics on articles, so we can check if it's
> not
> used as a reference of an over represented point of view in an
> wikipedia
> article.
>>
>> On artistics topics, I think it would really help to boost the
>> free-libre
> culture movement to have a place where every artists can directly
> experiment what it means to share and build together, with an
> audience
> intertwinned with other mediawiki projects.
>>
>> ----
>>
>> It looks like other proposed projects would be included in such a
> project, like Wikiessay (I just discovered and I'm gonna read others
> projects description, sorry), but others aspect don't seem - at first
> glance - to be covered, like artistics topics.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> mathieu
>>
>> --
>> Association Culture-Libre