[Wikimedia-l] Fundraiser launch update

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:14:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Zack Exley <zexley at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> This year we did something different and went up all over the world for 24
> hours on Nov 15 as sort of a dress rehearsal. That really helped us to
> identify a lot of little things to fix. It also brought in two million
> dollars -- our biggest day ever, by far. That gave us the confidence to
> launch much later this year.

If one-off days perform much better than individual days during a long
campaign, have you considered exchanging a 1-2 month drive for a
series of one or two day drives, spaced throughout the year? I don't
really know if that would be easier on you, raise more money or be
better for readers, but it's something to consider.

Nathan