[Wikimedia-l] A place for project wide discussions

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 15:43:07 UTC 2012

On 16 November 2012 15:30, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:

> But I think the point (at leat originally) was not so much to have the
> global discussion forum or the global village pump, but to have a common
> place for Wikivoyage discussions, which so far were held on the old
> Wikivoyage, but now are stale since the old Wikivoyage is locked for
> editing, and anyway it is not a WMF project.

Wikisource has a multilingual central project: among other things, one
of the goals is centralised cross-language coordination, through eg/

http://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Scriptorium

It doesn't seem to be very heavily used, but the precedent is still
there. I don't see any reason that Wikivoyage couldn't have a
centralised wiki as well...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk