[Wikimedia-l] A place for project wide discussions

Stefan Fussan derfussi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:27:18 UTC 2012

The Wikivoyage project is online now and i want to thank all of you who
have been involved with this process.

On the former Wikivoyage project we used to have a wiki called general: for
discussions that affect all language versions. I wonder why the WMF project
dont have something like this. Now I am trying to find a new place where we
all can:
- discuss new features
- discuss about the travel guide's structure
- coordinate the work with templates to reduce redundant work
- coordinate the work on travel maps
- providing a set of English meta articles with rules and regulations that
we can hand over the community when a new language version is going to start
- providing a list of star articles in all language versions. Contributors
to an article will have an easy access to basic information without looking
through all wikis. Speaking a foreign language is not necessary to pick
basic information (structure of districts, list of sights, addresses,
hotels ...)

I know, there is the meta wiki. But I am not sure. Maybe its too meta. And
the discoussion page or a Wikivoyager's Lounge may be too small. Ok... the
set of meta articles can be placed in anywhere the Incubator. But the
remaining stuff? Maybe a separate Namespace for the WMF projects at Meta,
maybe a wiki like our general:

Any ideas?

I am going to ask the communities on their traveller's pub site as well.

Thanks

Stefan aka Fussi