[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: [Tech/Product] Engineering/Product org structure

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:40:26 UTC 2012

Crossposting is tricky – Sue's answer didn't reach wikimedia-l as far as
I can see. From
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-November/064281.html :
----
Hi K. Peachey,

Generally speaking, the WMF posts and boards for every vacancy. (I
think there's a policy document somewhere to that effect --
regardless, it's been our practice for years.) Sometimes we skip the
posting & boarding process if there's a sufficiently compelling
reason, but mostly we post and board every position.

And so yes, indeed, we will post and board the head of Engineering
vacancy, because it's a newly-created position, and it's vacant. We
won't be posting and boarding the head of Product, though, because it
is not a newly-created position and it's not a vacancy. Even though
the responsibilities and scope of the role are shifting, it is an
existing position, and it has an incumbent (Erik).

Thanks,
Sue
----
K. Peachey, 06/11/2012 20:30: