[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: [Tech/Product] Engineering/Product org structure

K. Peachey p858snake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:30:26 UTC 2012

(Double Post, Since this was crossposted in the first place, and to
make sure I hit both lists, Sorry Wikitech)

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The way we’d get there:
>
> I’m prepared to resign from my engineering management responsibilities
> and to focus solely on my remaining role as VP of Product, as soon as
> a successor for VP of Engineering has been identified. We would start
> that hiring process probably in early 2013. I’m recommending to Sue
> that we seriously consider internal candidates for the VP of
> Engineering role, as we have a strong engineering management team in
> place today.
>
> So realistically we'd probably identify that person towards the end of
> the fiscal year.

Due to the nature of the foundation and to ensure continued growth and
prosperity I would be hoping that the foundation ensured both
positions became "vacant" and the person/s are chosen on the merits of
their applications to ensure the continued and best growth.